Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Minimalist Christmas Decor

Christmas is truly the most wonderful time of the year.
I enjoy elaborate Christmas decorations as much as the next person (honestly, you should see my mom's house - it's amazing!!!), but my personal style is a little (okay, a lot) simpler than hers.
It's due to a few factors, one - I just like it, two - with recently moving, and not having our own place for quite some time, we just haven't accumulated that many non-Christmas-tree type of decorations.  I DO have a fair amount of Christmas tree decorations, which are very special to me, and I am thankful to report, that they all made it across the ocean, and not a single one broke!

So, here is our "minimalist" Christmas decor this year.





























The stockings are from Target
The Nativity is Willow Tree
The felt winter pillow cases are from the Budapest Christmas market
The very very cool mountain pillow is from here in Slovenia.
The candle holder is something my dad found us at the flea market
My mom made the table runner
We decided to do different metallic wrapping papers this year, and I love how simple it is, and yet festive!
I just used different branches and garland on top of the cabinets, and loved how it looked.
I love displaying our Christmas cards from years past - unfortunately this years' hasn't arrived in the mail yet (international shipping and all), but I like how it ended up looking on the back of the couch.
We've been using a galvanized tub for our tree for a couple years now, and I just love it!!
The green and white quilt on the teal chair was a gift from a dear family that has "adopted" us.  It's from the Target Magnolia Hearth and Hand collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment